Going paperless is one of the best things you can do for the productivity and profitability of your business. The transition will be easier to manage with high-quality document management software. As you explore the range of document management solutions available these days, you are likely to come across many different companies offering imaging, data entry, and storage for all your scanned paper files. But not all of them are the same.
The key is to find a solution that can be customized to your company’s unique requirements to effectively streamline your paper-based processes and effectively organize, share, communicate, and manage your business-critical data. How do you start? Here are five of the most important features you should look for when selecting the right document management system:
1. Automated capture – The technology behind the document management software should enable the quick capturing and scanning of documents with an automated function. This feature should help reduce the time it takes to manually import and scan papers and other documents.
2. Workflow tool – Look for a platform that comes with a workflow solution that improves processes and the ability to retrieve records with the right search criteria. The right document management solutions also cover secure access to critical and private information and provide a secure way to store and archive your records. It should provide a way for others to review any comments you may have added to the stored paper documents, too.
3. Low cost – Having an automated document management software could potentially reduce overall costs, IT overheads, and operational costs. Some solutions require no capital expenditures to be implemented because they eliminate the need for additional or special hardware installation. This could mean more savings for your company in the long run, with instant ROI. Your IT department will also be spared from maintaining data storage, and you can scale the system up or down depending on the number of users.
4. Quick deployment – It should only take a matter of days to deploy the document management software, regardless of its complexity. That way, service interruption is minimal and your staff can quickly get back to being productive. The software can be beneficial to your internal staff in terms of the time savings it can offer, as it is easy to use. Only minimal training is required to learn how to use it.
5. Flexible – Document management solutions are more flexible when they are deployed and implemented online. This means that you don’t have to make a hefty capital investment, unlike when you design your own system from scratch and maintain it.
VAULTView from Tronitech can boost your competitiveness with its web-based document management software, which they designed based on their industry experience. These solutions can easily be adjusted to suit the needs of every industry, from healthcare to human resources, manufacturing, distribution, student records, and accounts payable.
Ready to go paperless and prepare your company for the future? Get in touch with our team here at Tronitech to learn more about their document management solutions for your business. You can also rely on us as a one-stop source for all document management needs, such as data entry services, imaging, microfiche or microfilm conversion, and EMR conversion. To learn more, schedule a demo today.